APICS Competency Models
The APICS competency models were developed as actionable tools to allow professionals to rank their skills against other professionals and identify areas for improvement. They are also excellent instruments to assist hiring managers as they evaluate and compare candidates.
The APICS competency models follow guidelines set by the Employment and Training Administration of the United States Department of Labor and define the knowledge, skills, abilities, and traits required to perform critical work functions or tasks for specific job roles. The models are visually represented in a diagram for easy reference. Each model is organized into core competencies, and each model includes descriptions of activities and skills by category.
The following APICS competency models are available:
- APICS Supply Chain Manager Competency Model
Download the Spanish PDF.
Download the French PDF.
- APICS Materials Manager Competency Model
- APICS Buyer/Planner Competency Model
- APICS Distribution and Logistics Managers Competency Model
- APICS Master Scheduling Manager Competency Model